Requirements: for all Android versions
Overview: Find, connect, manage WiFi networks. Improve connection quality with a graphical channel radar. Discover open networks around you.
Includes two home screen widgets: one displays detailed connection info, the other lets you switch among your favorite networks with a single tap.
New and improved:
• Better graphics, including a dark color theme;
• Assign your own descriptions and icons to individual WiFi networks - never forget what that "XYZ1234" network is;
• Switch among your favorite networks with a single tap by using the WiFi Network Switcher widget. It will even enable WiFi if needed.
• Automatic switching between fixed and dynamic (DHCP) IP addresses (Android Settings can't do this);
• Still there - support for tablets in landscape mode.
What's in this version:
*** Crashes after updating? Uninstall / reinstall often helps.
2.6: New widget theme (free): like old but with blue icons.
Two new widget themes, styled after Android 4.0 (part of premium package).
IP address and proxy server configuration for Android 3.0 and 4.0 (free).
Widget to toggle WiFi Tethering
Support for EAP (802.11x) networks, Android 2.2 and higher.
A new way of connecting to networks, keeping all networks active. See app settings.
Note: Enabled premium functions.
These features are: advanced per-network options (desciption, icon, IP address) and the one-tap network widget.
All the other - essential - features are free: the black widget with detailed connection info (both sizes), scanning and connecting to networks, the network list view, the network signal radar.